- Connect you with a counselor who is best suited to respond to your specific situation.
- Review your proposal, business plan, marketing or financial plans.
- Provide you with guidelines, connections, and suggestions to help you succeed.
- Offer you free or very low-cost seminars and workshops to assist start-ups and established businesses.
- Get you a grant or loan from anyone.
- Write your business plan or grant request for you.
- Suggest that you do anything illegal or unethical.
Your SCORE counselor will:
- Respect and protect the confidentiality of the business information provided by its clients.
- Take time to fully understand your idea and offer constructive insights.
- Guide you to finding your own solutions to your situations.
- Keep working with you for as long as you believe it is valuable to you.
- Always conduct counseling/mentoring and other SCORE activities in a manner that unequivocally places the interests of SCORE clients first.
Your SCORE counselor will not:
- Ask for your social security or bank account number.
- Accept any compensation, honoraria or things of value for counseling services, nor participate in a SCORE activity that creates a conflict of interest between the volunteer, SCORE’s code of ethics and the client.
- Tell you how to run your business.
What You Can Expect from SCORE - download here