- Cottage Food Law - Michigan's Cottage Food Law gives you a way to start your food production business out of your own kitchen. Certain foods that are considered low hazard can be prepared in an unlicensed kitchen, like the one in your home, and sold directly to the public. This gives you a low-cost way to start a business with your favorite recipes. Read more about the Cottage Food Law.
- Michigan District Export Council
- U.S. Customs
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce Export Assistance Office
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce Basic Guide to Exporting
(Accountants: Ask your SCORE Counselor for a list of accountants that are recommended by SCORE Muskegon. Don’t invest money until you’ve discussed with your accountant)
SCORE evaluates the offerings from various service providers. Although SCORE has evaluated the services of the listed providers, SCORE does not endorse the purchase of products or services from any specific provider. SCORE urges you to compare products, services and prices before making a purchase decision.
Buying/Selling a Business
- Sizing Up the Competition (a free, easy-to-use tool called SizeUp that helps small businesses look at how their business industry stacks up against the competition)
- Real Estate Calculator - An essential tool when planning to buy, hold, or sell income property